Author Topic: I知 sorry....I think I misheard you?  (Read 21296 times)

Lorelei_Evil

Re: I知 sorry....I think I misheard you?
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 04:18:43 PM »
Let the solicitors handle it, I agree.  Do not engage the entitled and presumptuous.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »
 :o

Wow... he's a bit special, ain't he?

Just posting to show my support OP. Hope this ends quickly and cleanly.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 05:46:31 PM »
I would write a letter to his 'solicitors' and let them know that your ex has no claim whatsoever to the house, that you have supporting documents proving that -- (but DON'T send copies of those) -- and that if you are further contacted you will be filing harassment charges, because that is exactly what is happening here.

Then I'd contact a lawyer.  (Or do that before you write the letter.)

I would not contact your ex at all.  You have no need for further conversation with him.

POD I would be nice and include the dates .  The divorce decree gives me full rights to the home(I might quote the subsection detailing this) and on XX ,XX papers where executed removing ex from the title and loan. then ask " What are you claiming the legal precdence  for this request?"

Etta Kett

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 06:50:13 PM »
( OP here)   Oooops!  Sorry.  Other house was sold because he could not keep up the repayments.

And he wants you to risk your house on the fact he won't do that again???  :o (where is there a rofl smiley??)

Had it been my ex, I would have said, "Sweetie, if I trusted you that much, we'd still be married!"

Etta Kett

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »
Persistent little jerk, isn't he?

PLJ, for short.  :)

Save that acronym, it should prove useful...

strangetimes

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »
:o

Wow... he's a bit special, ain't he?

Just posting to show my support OP. Hope this ends quickly and cleanly.

This, exactly.

Cuddlepie

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2011, 11:18:35 PM »
OP here.

My ex actually sent a text checking to see if I had heard from his solicitors.  This is how it went.

Ex:   Heard from my lawyer yet?
Me:  Yes
Ex:   Have you replied?
Me:  No.  Please do not contact me again re this unless it is thru your solicitor.

There has not been any further contact from the 'PLJ'.  (Love this acronym)

So, after mulling over ALL the advice (RL and E-hell advice) I have asked my solicitor to reply to ex's solicitor.  Saying, my short & sweet version, that my name is on the house title, I am the sole mortgagee and proof is enclosed, so get lost!  Initially I did not wish to pay out for another solicitor's letter but went with the advice of the majority.

Thanks again for your input - both the practical and the light-hearted. 

Miss March

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2011, 11:53:34 PM »
It's truly a pain that you needed to pay a lawyer to handle this, but hopefully it's going to put an end to this and save you so many headaches down the road. Good luck!
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

CharlieBraun

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »
Good for you.

I'm so sorry about your dad. 
"We ate the pies."

weeblewobble

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »
If nothing else, you should thank him for distracting you in the time of the loss of your dad.  I am sorry you're going through this. What a $#%&.

ETA: I forgot to add the antics of PLJ exes I know of:

(These are exes of friends and relatives.)

1) Former husband of friend called because he was getting re-married (three months after the divorce) and wanted to know if my friend still had the cake-cutting set, toasting glasses and unity candle holder they used in their wedding. He wanted to re-use them in his second wedding. He said, "Well, it's not like you're using them!"

2) Another friend's fiance broke off engagement because he "wasn't ready" for marriage.  He said she could keep the ring, which she did. Six months later, it seemed, he was ready for marriage and wanted to propose to someone else. He called and asked for the ring back. Friend blurted out, "You're going to re-use the ring?" He acts all offended and says, "No! I'm just going to use the stone! You can have the setting back if it's that important to you."  She said no.  He threatened legal action, and didn't follow through. The other girl declined his proposal after hearing that she was going to get a recycled ring. Ex loudly blames Friend for "ruining his life" by being so unreasonable to anyone who will listen.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:58:52 AM by weeblewobble »

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2011, 02:43:40 AM »
All I can say is that the PLJs described in this thread are real pieces of work.

Fortunately, the closest I ever came to something like that was a POW (piece of work) who told me that since he'd given me a ride when my car had broken down, I had to let him move into my spare bedroom.  What I had to say about that wasn't E-hell approved, but the subject never came up again.  (I also never accepted a ride from this person again, either.)

OP, I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this in your time of grief.  Which might be why it came up when it did - PLJ might have thought he'd hit you when you were down, but you showed that you're smarter than that.

Polly

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
wowee. What an ejit. I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said, but...wow.

Hugs to OP.

Kittymama

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2011, 09:32:36 PM »
Any updates? I'm wondering if his lawyer got the forms you sent, and if he's found out it's not gonna happen, yet.

rain

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2011, 11:19:02 PM »
Any updates? I'm wondering if his lawyer got the forms you sent, and if he's found out it's not gonna happen, yet.

ditto
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Cuddlepie

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 02:19:07 AM »
OP here.

Yay my solicitor!  The Ex痴 solicitor and my solicitor had a phone conversation (I was not charged $痴 but I think ex was?)  Don稚 know how or why but apparently Ex forgot one small fact....the house and mortgage is legally mine and has been for a few years.  Both solicitors agree that ex has no claim and my house can稚 be used as collateral without my permission. That.will.not.happen !!!!

Whether the ex timed his request to coincide with my time of grief, I don稚 know.  His asking had more to do with him believing his name was still on the title and I would have to agree to his request whether or not I wanted to do so.  Ex phoned me, I still can稚 figure if it was an apology or not... his words were something along the lines of 的知 sorry our misunderstanding upset you and I understand that the house is yours.  It痴 too bad that I can稚 buy another one.

Thanks for the hugs and thank you for sharing tales about other PLJ痴 and POW痴.  It痴 sad that they are not as rare a breed as one would hope.   :'(