Author Topic: I知 sorry....I think I misheard you?  (Read 21958 times)

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
Re: I知 sorry....I think I misheard you?
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2011, 08:11:12 AM »
Ugh. I thought my ex was bad when, 2 months after I kicked him out, he called expecting me to do legal research for him on landlord-tenant laws, in regards to his new apartment. I said something to the effect of "I think google is an excellent resource for that." He was furious, and I got an earful.

Mine emailed me complaining that his eyes were bothering him, they were keeping him up at night and preventing him from working, if ONLY he could see a doctor! So I thought I'd be nice and googled him up a list of doctors and clinics in the area that provided free or low-cost care. He responded with a furious email ripping me apart for having the audacity, the gall to send him a list of charity clinics, when he could have been on my health insurance. I responded with a terse note reminding him that I had offered to sign him onto my insurance numerous times, but he always refused since he didn't want to cover the additional cost. Since I was the sole breadwinner and paid all bills out of my meager paycheck, that was not possible.

I think he ended up  going to a free clinic after all  >:D

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »
Glad it worked out...

I might have said "Solicitors, I have no personal or financial involvement with ex at this time. The house and mortgage are solely in my name as per the divorce agreement.  If you would like to put up your house as collateral for someone you have no personal or financial involvement with but that the bank does not feel is creditworthy, be my guest, but I have no intention of doing so." >:D

aiki

• We can't all have Pippa's backside.
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »
Or when he came by to pick up a number of his things, and he expected me to lug 15-20 trips worth of heavy stuff from my 6th floor apartment, down to the curb outside my building, so that he wouldn't have to find parking. I was also called a selfish, lazy female dog for not being interested in that notion.

One might suggest that that is why windows were invented, but there's always the possibility of hitting an innocent bystander.
"A true gentleman is one who is never unintentionally rude."  - Oscar Wilde