Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

Using the stall for disabled people

<< < (2/18) > >>

goldilocks:
I'm not convinced that using this stall is rude, if there is no one disable waiting for it.  I see no reason to leave this empty just in case a disabled person comes in.  It's not like a parking space, it should be free in a few minutes.

I frequently use the handicap stall just because I want the extra room, especialy if my grandaughter is with me.

NotTheNarcissist:
gmatoy, way to go! I applaud your convictions. Kudos!

hobish:

Nice! Go you!

Fleur-de-Lis:

--- Quote from: goldilocks on July 11, 2011, 10:58:56 AM ---I'm not convinced that using this stall is rude, if there is no one disable waiting for it.  I see no reason to leave this empty just in case a disabled person comes in.  It's not like a parking space, it should be free in a few minutes.

I frequently use the handicap stall just because I want the extra room, especialy if my grandaughter is with me.

--- End quote ---

The only time that's a problem is when a parent decides she needs to use it to help her children change clothes after swimming.  :) 

I rarely opt for the handicapped stall, but given the gymnastics required to get into some stalls (where the door opens only in, and hits the toilet seat, and the "free" wall has the tissue dispenser in it) - I swear, architects hate women, and I sometimes loathe the profession - I sometimes will.  I've gone back and forth regarding whether I "should" use that stall since I don't "need" it, but I generally figure the line needs to be cleared out, too. 

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: Blue Falcon on July 11, 2011, 04:01:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: goldilocks on July 11, 2011, 10:58:56 AM ---I'm not convinced that using this stall is rude, if there is no one disable waiting for it.  I see no reason to leave this empty just in case a disabled person comes in.  It's not like a parking space, it should be free in a few minutes.

--- End quote ---

The only time that's a problem is when a parent decides she needs to use it to help her children change clothes after swimming.  :) 

I rarely opt for the handicapped stall, but given the gymnastics required to get into some stalls (where the door opens only in, and hits the toilet seat, and the "free" wall has the tissue dispenser in it) - I swear, architects hate women, and I sometimes loathe the profession - I sometimes will.  I've gone back and forth regarding whether I "should" use that stall since I don't "need" it, but I generally figure the line needs to be cleared out, too.

--- End quote ---

If it's not in use and no one in line is specifically waiting for it, I think it should be used.  It is a toilet stall that has been modified to make it easier to fit a wheelchair into; that does not stop it from being a toilet stall.

Also, kudos to the OP!  You handled it very well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version