Author Topic: "That's just not going to work"  (Read 7506 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: "That's just not going to work"
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
And I bet DF has not bothered to text Aaron back saying, "Dude, I've got commitments here. My schedule isn't flexible, and you'll have to work around me, not expect me to wait for you"?

Seriously, it sounds like Aaron knows how to keep other people dancing to his tune.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 08:33:38 AM »
And - Aaron cancelled for tonight.  Might come around tomorrow, if he isn't busy.
 >:(

Translation: "Dude, found someone better/something better so yeah, know you won't mind. I'm gonna party!"

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 08:35:33 AM »
And - Aaron cancelled for tonight.  Might come around tomorrow, if he isn't busy.
Why did this not surprise me?

Zogs

• Locals Only...
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »
Supposedly, Aaron's family wanted to see him last night.

I find it hard to believe, considering he picked up a friend on the way up.

I don't care what Aaron does, personally.  I can't stand the way he pops in and out.  DF has a heart of gold, but he's socially awkward.  When it comes to his friends, he acts like a teenager.  His first response is to put them before everything.  He is A LOT better than he used to be.  He makes better choices in friends and can (usually) see my side when I am like - look, friends have to take a backseat to a relationship.  I'm not saying I am a possessive female dog and I am like NO FRIENDS EVER because I'm not like that at all.  I totally let him have all the dude time he wants - because I want my dude time as well.  But, when obviously more important things are going on is when I have a tendency to get annoyed.

This was one of those times.   ::)
Rub it on, nose to tail, rail to rail...

Zogs

• Locals Only...
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »
And - Aaron cancelled again for tonight.

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 05:32:39 PM »
And - Aaron cancelled again for tonight.

Have to say, not surprized. I feel bad for your sake. I wonder when the clue train will hit the station for your DF.  :(
No matter where you go, there you are...

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 05:40:07 PM »
You have my sympathies.  My sister was horrible about planning things in advance with me when I wasn't working.  She assumed that because I wasn't working that I was just available to her all the time.  Nope. 

The last straw was when she called me at 2:30 to ask if I could pick her girls up from school at 3:15 because she was sick.  I told her that it was really short notice and that I couldn't make it on such short notice.  She pouted and whined.  I then very pointedly asked her:
Sis, when did you get sick?
I started feeling crummy last night.
Okay, so you've been feeling bad all day right?
Right
So you could have called me this morning and said "Hey Leebee, I'm sick and don't know if I can pick the girls up at 3:15.  Do you think you might be able to do it if I can't?" and then I could have planned my day out knowing I was "on call."

She called Mom to pick the girls up.  The next time she called me with several hours notice and I happily picked up the girls and kept them at my house for a few hours so my sister could rest. 

Sometimes you just have to tell people "No.  That's just not going to work." a few times before they get it.  Aaron doesn't get because enough people rearrange their schedules for him.  I bet if he came to NY and didn't have anyone to hang out with, he might plan ahead.  He doesn't sound like a very good friend.
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Zogs

• Locals Only...
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 06:25:59 PM »
Aaron's family is here, and they are always around.  There's a girl here who he always hangs out with who always seems to have free time (she's a real piece of work) and then there's DF.  If there is anyone else, I don't know about them.  I refuse to hang out with Aaron because he always shows up with his dog and his "girl" friend in tow.  He takes the dog everywhere.  I love the dog, actually.  If I had a choice, I wish the dog would come without him.

Iris

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 08:15:01 PM »
You are so far from being the bad guy in this situation that you can't even see it. I know it fizzled out to nothing but you need to have a talk with DF now, before this arises again, about his priorities and the importance of your needs.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 08:25:28 PM »
Aaron makes plans with your DF.  Aaron consistently backs out of plans with DF.  Aaron often visits the area and doesn't even bother to call DF at all.

Please reassure me that this is not going to get all twisted up om DF's head into being "your" fault.  ???

Zogs

• Locals Only...
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:43 PM »
Aaron makes plans with your DF.  Aaron consistently backs out of plans with DF.  Aaron often visits the area and doesn't even bother to call DF at all.

Please reassure me that this is not going to get all twisted up om DF's head into being "your" fault.  ???

No, no that never happens, thank Deity.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »
Your DF needs to be knocked upside the head with a clue by 4. He should cancel plans with Aaron and take you to your appointment as planned. He is being a jerk.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Ms_Shell

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 09:44:56 PM »
I hope you don't feel too guilty.  This is a good chance for DF to practice the "for worse" part of "for better or worse", KWIM?  Sometimes your SO really needs you, and that's got to take priority over friends.  You would do the same for him if the situation were reversed, am I right?  I admit I'm biased though, because I really hate last minute plans.     
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 11:47:51 PM »
You were not the 'bad person' in this and shouldn't feel guilty in any way.  I hope you get well soon, I know how hard much of a pain having to be helped with everything can be.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
Forget Aaron, it's your DH that sounds like a jerk.  I could not even imagine my DH "hemming and hawing" when I needed him so much!  Wow.