Author Topic: Used it on a friend today  (Read 4115 times)

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
Used it on a friend today
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:27:02 AM »
A friend of ours is going through major money problems. Part of it is his fault, part of it is his having to take a major cut in pay when he got laid off.

We were out at his house this evening helping another friend who is staying with him for the weekend. When we got ready to leave, he flat out asked me how much I was donating to the "Save the "mythical animal" fund" It took me a second to think what he meant before I told him Nothing. He looked at me and I said that it was not possible. He looked at me again with a surprised look on his face. I reminded him that I had just been given 30 days notice at work and every penny counts until I find another job. He KNEW I had been given notice because we had just been talking about the interview that I have tomorrow.

Just have to shake my head sometimes.  He is a wonderful guy and I do care for him. I was just really put out to have him come out and try to corner me in front of a bunch of other friends.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
Re: Used it on a friend today
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »
that's a very spiffy spine you're showing there!  Good for you.

Miss March

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 11:33:03 PM »
Sorry to hear about the 30 day notice at your current job. Hope the interview goes well!

What an odd round-about way to ask for money-- "How much are you going to donate to save the Griffin?"
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »
Pretty much. It took me a moment to figure out what he was talking about. He has a house full of Dragons which is the only reason I figured out what he was talking about.

NotTheNarcissist

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 12:44:35 PM »
Well done.

And I'm not sure I would have figured out what he was asking. I'd probably still be sitting there trying to sort it out.

amylouky

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »
I wouldn't have known what he meant, either. I'd have had to ask, and if he actually told me that he was hitting me up for money, I'd have suggested a "Sell the dragons on Ebay" alternative.  :)

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
Pretty much. It took me a moment to figure out what he was talking about. He has a house full of Dragons which is the only reason I figured out what he was talking about.

They're still safe even if they do get rehomed  >:D

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx