Author Topic: Emaily Post is a go! update in OP  (Read 43872 times)

sugar pie

Emaily Post is a go! update in OP
« on: July 18, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »
BG: eHell Flat Stanley

I'd like you all to meet Emaily Post:

Isn't she lovely? Well guess what! She's coming soon to a mailbox near you. Aren't you totally excited to show her a good time in your hometown and awe her with your gracious hosting?

If participating by snail mail, here are the rules:

1. When you receive Emaily Post in the mail, snap a few pictures. They could be in front of local landmarks, faux pas on the street, or something that is merely silly. Post your pics in this thread.

2. Put Emaily Post and a small souvenir (ex: bumper stickers, key chains, etc.) in an envelope and PM me. I'll give you the address of the next person on the mailing list.

Notes: Once you receive Emaily Post in the mail, please try to send it off to the next person in about 1 weeks time. Also, if anyone wants to get in on the snail mail version at any time, just PM me your address.

If you just want to play online, print your own and post pictures in this thread.

Are you excited? I'm excited. ;D

---------
Update: An unforeseen glitch has arisen with the blog; it did not occur to me that blogspot might track ISPS for security purposes. Someone just tried logging in and was prompted with all sorts of security questions, so I think it's best just to scrap the blog and post all exploits here in this thread. It'll be easier in the long run. Sorry for the inconvenience.  :(

Anyway, I split the mailing list in two so things would speed up a bit (we've gotten off to a bit of a rough start. My apologies!). And remember, you can print off your own from this thread and post pictures whenever you want.

Rock on, fellow eHellions. Rock on. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:38:42 PM by madhatter »

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: Emaily Post is a go!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:31:22 AM »
I'm excited! and thank you Madhatter, and whoever else is doing all the work, for your involvment!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
Yay!  And what a great name!
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Kasia_Kiwi

• Yarn for the Road
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »
Huzzah!
Read about my time in scotland: http://yarnfortheroad.wordpress.com/

Wavicle

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
Woohoo! Thanks madhatter, I can't wait til its my turn  ;D

WasabiWithYou

• You have to give in to the champagne sometimes.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 11:59:32 AM »
GREAT!!! Thanks so much, madhatter! I'm really looking forward to Ms. Post showing up in the Post. :)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »
Is she on good sturdy cardboard?  She's going to get emauled!
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Wavicle

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »
Whats the plan if she gets damaged or lost?

sugar pie

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 03:49:29 PM »
Well, if it's lost or damaged my hope would be that the person who misplaced or damaged it would print out the template and make a new one. What else can you do? *shrugs*

kitkatswing

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 07:40:06 PM »
Yay!!!!

So who has gotten her first?? :) 

Im also thinking we should keep all the envelopes she comes in too, think of all the cool stamps!

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »
What fun! I'm already trying to decide which local landmarks she might enjoy visiting!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Wavicle

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »
What fun! I'm already trying to decide which local landmarks she might enjoy visiting!

I don't have local landmarks out in the boonies. Ms. Post is going to meet the cows  8)

chibichan

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
PM sent . Emaily will have a grand time here .
The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
Yay!  Thank you so much, Madhatter!  The blogsite is really neat!
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 12:39:57 AM »
BG: eHell Flat Stanley

I'd like you all to meet Emaily Post:

Isn't she lovely? Well guess what! She's coming soon to a mailbox near you. Aren't you totally excited to show her a good time in your hometown and awe her with your gracious hosting?

If participating by snail mail, here are the rules:

1. When you receive Emaily Post in the mail, snap a few pictures. They could be in front of local landmarks, faux pas on the street, or something that is merely silly. A blog has been created to share her exploits. The Login info will be written on the back of Ms. Post.

2. Put Emaily Post and a small souvenir (ex: bumper stickers, key chains, etc.) in an envelope and PM me. I'll give you the address of the next person on the mailing list.

Notes: Once you receive Emaily Post in the mail, please try to send it off to the next person in about 1 weeks time. Also, if anyone wants to get in on the snail mail version at any time, just PM me your address.

If you just want to play online, print your own and post pictures on the blog of your adventures. PM me and I'll give you the login info. 

Are you excited? I'm excited. ;D
I took a picture of her on the screen with my camera.  It appears to have turned out good.  Tomorrow I'll take it down to the CVS and make a copy of it, then have it enlarged at the print shop on their laser copier. I'll mount it on light cardboard and cut it out.  This will be fun
My mind is going mad...I thought it would be fun to make different outfits for her, like paper doll clothes with the tabs that go over the shoulder.  Then I thought that if I do a double sided one, that she can stand either with her suitcase on the right, or on the left.  (I never could leave well enough alone!)  Lets see....lets see....I know I can think of more if you just give me a minute..... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)   :-X
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 12:44:54 AM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.