Was Justin Bieber rude?

Yes
85 (55.6%)
No
57 (37.3%)
Other
11 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Author Topic: Justin Bieber crashes a wedding  (Read 8605 times)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Re: Justin Bieber crashes a wedding
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »
I'm trying to think of someone whose music I like but who I wouldn't want to show up. My first thought was Britney Spears, but then I thought, who am I kidding? I bet she'd be fun. Of course, if the HC loathes Bieber, it would be a different story.

I vote technically rude but probably not a big deal.

What's really bothering me is the first sentence of that article:
"While not everyone can say their wedding was the best day of their lives, for one lucky couple, it will ring true even if things don't work out."
Really? The best day of your life would be that time you met some teen celebrity for 10 minutes??

I know!!!
The status is not quo!

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »

To the HC, and to the poor GF who has to wait while he plays the star.

Selena Gomez is actually a pretty big star in her own right. 

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »

But not necessarily at this wedding. I mean, if she stood off to the side and people weren't begging her for pics, too, she might not have been a big deal to them.
The status is not quo!

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 10:45:29 AM »

But not necessarily at this wedding. I mean, if she stood off to the side and people weren't begging her for pics, too, she might not have been a big deal to them.

Yes, that's what I meant.
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

staceym

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
this is a tough call - only because I'm not a fan of Beiber and I have heard of other instances where he has "crashed" in on things..one being a press conference Johnny Depp was doing for Rango...I think Beiber has a high, VERY HIGH level of self esteem.

but on the other hand it would probably be very cool, if the person whose song I'm playing unexpectedly showed up

Lynnv

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »
I think it was rude.  I would not be pleased if he showed up at my event and decided to crash it.

On the other hand, I would be fine if someone whose music I actually liked showed up (partying with Lemmy or Iggy Pop could be fun...if a bit strange).

I am not sure if that means Beiber was rude but I would be willing to overlook rudeness for an artist I like.
Maybe it means that Beiber wasn't really all that rude and I am letting my dislike of his music influence my thoughts on the matter.

Hmmm.
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »
It depends on how he made his presence known.  Did he stroll in and announced himself, or did someone noticed and asked him to stay?  Did he ask someone about the event and that person spread the word?  I guess if they didn't want him there, they could say a few words and then say goodbye "Well, it's nice meeting you.  Have to get back to the party.  Bye."

I guess 10 minutes is no big deal unlike staying to eat, drink, and dance.

kglory

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
I think it was polite of Selena to stand off to the side, given that she is a big star also.

Too many famous people crashing this wedding would put the focus more on the famous people and not on the bride & groom.  So if Justin wanted to pop in, it's good he kept it quick and that she stayed out of it, to keep it a small moment in this big day.

Mikayla

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
I'm surprised by some of these answers, but I wonder if the person doing the crashing impacts the responses?  There was a thread about Oprah doing the same thing where people weren't so kind.

I agree that the fact someone was doing karaoke to one of his songs might impact it a little bit, but I still call it rude.  And that's even if he only stayed a few minutes.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
For the record I'm not a Justin Bieber fan. If the happy couple was fine with it then who are the rest of us to complain about it? I'd probably like it if a singer I was a fan of crashed my wedding. Say for example, Martina McBride!

So I voted other.

Ed.

O'Dell

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 08:31:28 PM »
It's rude to join a party when you aren't invited. The couple in this case may have been fine with it, but technically it was rude. There are some celebrities or even non-celebrities that I might happily welcome to the party once they crashed it, but I'd still quietly be thinking it was rude.

If this couple weren't fans of his, then how awkward would that have been?
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 10:30:41 AM »
Justin Bieber is a real person? I always thought he was computer-generated.
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 03:09:04 PM »
I'm not really sure.  I mean I'm not a huge fan of Bieber but I could see one of my younger girl cousins requesting a song at a family wedding but that wouldn't mean they'd want Bieber popping in (The HC, that is)

However, if had been my wedding and we'd been playing some Rolling Stones song (very likely!) and Keith Richards dropped in for a few minutes I'd be inviting him to stay longer! LOL!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »
For the record I'm not a Justin Bieber fan. If the happy couple was fine with it then who are the rest of us to complain about it? I'd probably like it if a singer I was a fan of crashed my wedding. Say for example, Martina McBride!

So I voted other.

Ed.

I agree. The bride and groom weren't offended or upset, and it was their party. No harm done.

ghost

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 08:16:36 PM »
I voted rude.

I look at it this way: I com from a pretty big family. It is incredibly rare that I get to be the center of attention, for various reasons. If someone decided that they were entitled to crash in on the one time that I get to be in the spotlight, and took that attention away from me - and I know this sounds childish, but it's how I feel - I'd be more than incredibly upset. I'd be hopping mad. I would be angry and resentful.

It's great that everything turned out okay in this situation - but that doesn't make what he did right. The ends do not, in any way, justify the means.

I find it beyond rude that Justin Bieber - a young man that already has the attention of millions - feels entitled to take the attention away from a couple of random strangers, just because he can.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.