News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 19, 2017, 10:44:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I got to use this! And it worked!  (Read 3277 times)

Biker Granny

I got to use this! And it worked!
« on: July 19, 2011, 08:25:03 AM »
I'm a long time lurker but I guess a few things sunk in.

B/G  I have two sets of friends that really enjoy all the political jokes.  I, for one, don't like them...no matter who they are directed at.

While I'm glad they like to e-mail me and spend time with me I'd just as soon they didn't share the political nonsense that goes on thru e-mails.  They are so much worse during election years.

So group one sends them to me....after deleting about 100, I politely did a "reply to all" requesting that they take me off the list of politically based e-mails.  They did and all was fine.

Now group two....I did the same thing and I got 4 responses back claiming that now they knew that I was part of the problem with America today.

Morbid curiousity made me reply.." How is that?:

The reply was that it was now my fault for every bad political person in the history of the government....it was my votes that put these people in office.

Again...(probably for amusement sake) I had to ask....how did you arrive at that conclusion?

The reply (not from just one on the list but 4!!) You voted for these people!!!

From me..... ..the famous......That's an interesting assumption.

They realized then that they were being silly and weren't getting a rise out of me, the offensive e-mails stopped.

O'Dell

Re: I got to use this! And it worked!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:32:36 AM »
Well done! And welcome on your arrival from Lurkdom! :)

I have to say you are a saint. I would have blocked people's emails well before it got to that point! I don't mind people communicating their political views, but only if they do so politely.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

Miss March

Re: I got to use this! And it worked!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »
Love your user name!
I assume you heard the way she spoke to me at dinner.
Of course, but how does it help to answer rudeness with rudeness?             --Downton Abbey