Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Will People Ever Learn?!?

(1/1)

jimithing:
I was talking to a friend tonight, the same friend who received the "invitation" for the baby shower through the mail, and she was telling me about a bridal shower invitation she received.  She told me that she received the wedding invitation a couple of weeks ago for a girl she went to Jr. High with and hasn't seen for at least 15 years.  She thought that this was odd in itself.  Of course, the registry information was printed right on the invite.

So, today she received a bridal shower invitation for this same girl, who she hasn't seen in 15 years!  The bridal shower is also thrown by the bride's mother, and is the night before the wedding from 6:30-8:30 PM!  How many faux pas' can we count? I asked my friend if this girl was the type of person to be greedy and want as many gifts as possible and my friend replied that she had no idea what kind of girl she was!  Good point!  Does this scream "gift grab" to anyone else?

FoxPaws:
I'm impressed she can still get in touch with people she knew 15 years ago.

Yes, it screams Gift Grab. Do you think people like this are surprised when nobody shows up?

jimithing:

--- Quote from: KewpieDoll72 on July 10, 2007, 01:18:20 AM ---I'm impressed she can still get in touch with people she knew 15 years ago.

Yes, it screams Gift Grab. Do you think people like this are surprised when nobody shows up?

--- End quote ---

Apparently, the bride's parents still send Christmas card's to my friend's parents every year.  They obtained the address from my friend's parents.  It's still weird.

afbluebelle:
I think the bride's parents are trying to get a return on their bridal investment... Gift grap ahoy!

Sabbyfrog2:
This screams..."GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME!!!!"

Some people really have no tact do they?

The only way I could forgive the bride is if she really is clueless and this is all Mom's doing. I have, unfortunately, seen that toooo many times. Mom and Dad may figure that all the people in their lives, past and present, OWE them just for the pleasure of ever knowing them and completely take over! .   ::)

FH loves to make jokes about doing things like this when we talk about our wedding plans. He thinks it is funny to watch my face turn red and my head start to smoke with anger over the very thought of the tackiness of it all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version