Author Topic: Anyone having intermitent trouble getting onto ehell?  (Read 15760 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: Anyone having intermitent trouble getting onto ehell?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 08:21:38 AM »
I notice that I m still having a problem getting onto and negotiating around ehell.  It was fine for awhile but the past few days it sems to be difficult, again.  Anyone else finding this problem again?
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 09:26:18 AM »
Yes, I only just managed to get back in now, its also now running quite slowly.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 09:35:55 AM »
I always have trouble between 7 AM to 8 AM and 5PM to 6PM on weekdays - central standard, US. It isn't for the full hours, but is spotty during those time periods. It varies on weekends, but I'm usually too busy to check things out then.

I has been like this ever since I have been on eHell. I think it has something to do with the traffic during those times.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 09:42:07 AM »
I had problems again this morning, but they seem to be better now.
The status is not quo!

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »
Yes.  The site is really slow to load sometimes and navigation can be very choppy and even freezes at times.  It's the same on both my home PC's, laptop and iPad.  I don't have that issue on any other webpage.  I figured maybe there was still some updating going on?

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 06:29:21 PM »
Yes, it's also a problem around 12 am Sydney (Australian) time. Sometimes I need to refresh a number of times before I get anything besides the "Cannot establish connection" error on flamingvixen.

Captains Flat, Australia

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 11:09:37 PM »
I haven't had too much trouble, but I've gotten an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" a few times. Refreshing the page usually brings it back.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 08:30:17 PM »
I've been having frequent but intermittent issues, too.  Sometimes (but not always) if I can't get in via my usual bookmark to the forums, I can manually type in the main site address and navigate that way.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 09:03:25 PM »
Yup, once in a while, and always when I'm trying to pop onto eHell in the morning before work.

Andraste

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »
Every morning for the past few weeks I can't access the site from 7:30 am central time for anywhere from 10-30 minutes.  No problems loading any other websites, just this one.

Redsoil

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 09:27:06 AM »
Yes, problems accessing the site here several times a day (well, night, actually!) since the changes.  Glad to know it's not just me. 
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
I've had a few issues, as well.  Occasionally during the day at work using IE (not the most up to date version but I'm not sure what version) and Safari at home.

Actually, I'd be happy if I couldn't get on at work...  I think I need a 12 step program.   :D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »
I've had a few issues, as well.  Occasionally during the day at work using IE (not the most up to date version but I'm not sure what version) and Safari at home.

Actually, I'd be happy if I couldn't get on at work...  I think I need a 12 step program.   :D

EHell won't work from my husband's computer - it looks like it redirects to some domain-squatting site selling mattresses.  After about a week of that, and wondering if Miss Jeanne was having troubles with the domain registration, I found out my husband purposely redirected eHell to the National Sleep Foundation website so I wouldn't stay up so late  :P

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 03:39:58 PM »
Oh, that's funny!  Could you send your hubby here to direct my work computer to a site that says 'GET BACK TO WORK!!!'   ;D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »
Oh, that's funny!  Could you send your hubby here to direct my work computer to a site that says 'GET BACK TO WORK!!!'   ;D

If you use Flamingvixen, you don't need him - look up an addon called "LeechBlock."  You can set it to block your access to certain sites - either at certain times, or only allowing you so many minutes at a time, or certain days of the week, etc.  I have mine set to allow myself 30 minutes out of any given 2-hour period on eHell (so I don't just keep procrastinating when I need to go to bed!), but only during the weekday.  It's a very nice program, and free  ;D