Author Topic: Crowds Seeking Autographs  (Read 3728 times)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
Re: Crowds Seeking Autographs
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 12:28:38 AM »
This must have been at Comic Con International in San Diego (SDCC). Wil Wheaton was there this past weekend for some of the panels. Many of the fans are quite gracious, but the crowds have gotten more out of control as the Con has gotten more "Hollywood." He behaved perfectly. The people that waylaid him did not.

SDCC has autograph sessions for people to (stand in line) and get autographs from the actors. I don't remember if Wil Wheaton was giving autographs, but if he was it makes it even more heinous. Really, those people could have gotten his signature. They just would have needed to wait in (a very long) line. There was a venue for them to do so and they tried to circumvent it.

Wil has tweeted in the past that he is not only giving out autographs at X location, but also has signed books/photos/etc available. He is very nice about this stuff - if you are willing to drop by the location, he is happy to see you.

Attacking him outside? Not cool. >:(
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 02:56:52 AM »
This must have been at Comic Con International in San Diego (SDCC). Wil Wheaton was there this past weekend for some of the panels. Many of the fans are quite gracious, but the crowds have gotten more out of control as the Con has gotten more "Hollywood." He behaved perfectly. The people that waylaid him did not.

SDCC has autograph sessions for people to (stand in line) and get autographs from the actors. I don't remember if Wil Wheaton was giving autographs, but if he was it makes it even more heinous. Really, those people could have gotten his signature. They just would have needed to wait in (a very long) line. There was a venue for them to do so and they tried to circumvent it.

Wil has tweeted in the past that he is not only giving out autographs at X location, but also has signed books/photos/etc available. He is very nice about this stuff - if you are willing to drop by the location, he is happy to see you.

Attacking him outside? Not cool. >:(

Yeah someone nicely waiting, asking politely, thanking him would probably not have bothered him. I would have been thrilled to be there.

Some people just seem to be intent on ruining it for the rest of us.
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

ladyonwheels

• cassie :)
  • does my charisma scare you?
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 08:30:17 PM »
there is an app called four square and if a celeb has it, it tweets their location. could that be what is tattling?

also the mob and camp behavior is rude.

careful, i like bare toes ;D

ettiquit

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 02:20:47 PM »
Unfortunately it sounds like Wil Wheaton fell foul of a group of 'professional' autograph hunters, people who aren't really fans of the actor or artist, but who want autographs they can sell.

This was my first thought as well. Having a stack of 8x10s doesn't scream "true fan" to me.