Etiquette School is in session! > "So kind of you to take an interest."

Are you sure you're not pregnant?

<< < (12/12)

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: Traska on May 31, 2012, 06:37:28 PM ---1)  "Well... we know (Boyfriend/Husband) is going to be a father... the problem is we have no idea who the mother is!"
2)  "Yes, with centuplets. The doctor's pretty sure I'm not going to need a C-section, but I might (burst/need the staging area cleared out in case of forceful projection.)"
3)  "Yes.  I'm due in 2017.  I just took up knitting, by the time the kid's born I should have his first three years of clothing done."
4)  ::Makes a circle out of the thumb and forefinger of both hands and bump them together::  "It...ah.. doesn't quite work that way."

--- End quote ---

I've actually done number 4!  I was dating a girl at the time, so I wasn't lying, but the other person was talking about worrying about getting pregnant and I said I didn't have to worry.  She asked me why, so I did exactly as you said in number 4!

Diane AKA Traska:

--- Quote from: Dark Magdalena on June 01, 2012, 12:13:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: Traska on May 31, 2012, 06:37:28 PM ---1)  "Well... we know (Boyfriend/Husband) is going to be a father... the problem is we have no idea who the mother is!"
2)  "Yes, with centuplets. The doctor's pretty sure I'm not going to need a C-section, but I might (burst/need the staging area cleared out in case of forceful projection.)"
3)  "Yes.  I'm due in 2017.  I just took up knitting, by the time the kid's born I should have his first three years of clothing done."
4)  ::Makes a circle out of the thumb and forefinger of both hands and bump them together::  "It...ah.. doesn't quite work that way."

--- End quote ---

I've actually done number 4!  I was dating a girl at the time, so I wasn't lying, but the other person was talking about worrying about getting pregnant and I said I didn't have to worry.  She asked me why, so I did exactly as you said in number 4!

--- End quote ---

I can't decide if  ;D or  8) is more appropriate!

MissRose:
My mother has told me at times I look like I am pregnant but I am just fat.  But I've not played scrabble and unless I am the Virgin Mary, I am know I am not pregnant nor ever have been at any time.

My mother did get  a few people jokingly telling her she was getting married quickly because she was pregnant.  She was making wedding plans and told someone she had to get off the phone quickly to be sick.  She said she had the flu at the time, and it would have been one very long pregnancy because I was born about 1 1/2 years after she & my dad were married!

Marbles:

--- Quote from: violinp on February 21, 2012, 03:13:15 PM ---I've been able to tell if a woman's pregnant with pretty good accuracy. However, I've never said anything to the women, because 1.) that's rude and 2.) that's creepy.

--- End quote ---

My DH can do the same thing. He wisely only comments about it to me in private. Even I find it a bit creepy that he's so attuned to the subtle shifts that happen to women's bodies. OTOH, I know that my pregnancies traumatized him, so it's likely self-preservation.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version