Etiquette School is in session! > "So kind of you to take an interest."

Are you sure you're not pregnant?

<< < (2/12) > >>

Verity:

--- Quote from: anna_garny on July 28, 2011, 12:52:19 AM ---
If I am pregnant, it's news to me. And I'm pretty sure that the person whose body is gestating would be the first to know.

--- End quote ---
Not necessarily.  My SIL asked if I was pregnant several weeks before I began to suspect. 

I would try an icy, "I beg your pardon" repeated until the questioner abandons their inquiry.  I had the opposite problem with my daughter though.  Until midway through the five month mark.  Sometimes you can't win for losing.   ::)

SamiHami:
"The contents of my womb are not up for discussion. I will let you know if or when I have something to announce."

Outdoor Girl:
Evil OG would want to say, 'No.  Are you?' or 'Not unless it is immaculate conception.'

But I think a good answer would be, 'Thank you for your concern' or 'Why do you want to know?'

gingerzing:

--- Quote from: SamiHami on July 28, 2011, 09:02:22 AM ---"The contents of my womb are not up for discussion. I will let you know if or when I have something to announce."

--- End quote ---
I like this one.

--- Quote from: oz diva on July 28, 2011, 12:54:58 AM ---Yes, I always say, unless you see the head crowning, don't assume anything.  :P

--- End quote ---
I have told my DH this a couple of times when he has asked about certain women at church. 

I also have come up with some very un-ehell approved comments. Including, once when I actually finally said "Nope, just fat. Thanks for rubbing it in."  (The person asked several times with the whole "Are you sure?")   

Auntie Mame:
There are only TWO People who can ask me that question 1) BF (because, well, it would affect his life as well as mine) 2) My Doctor (Because the Doc needs to know that before an exam).

Everyone else needs to mind their own flipping business.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version