A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The strangest, scariest, most dramatic thing that you've seen in your n'hood

<< < (159/162) > >>

Piratelvr1121:
A week or two ago my oldest son went to visit his gf at her house, only to see a house fire a few doors down.  The owner was out of the house, but his two doggies didn't make it.  :'(

It kinda bugged me when the local paper reported that no one died in the fire despite reporting two dogs had died.  I know they mean no humans but I found myself grumbling that pets count as a someone, even if they're not human.

bansidhe:
My husband was walking our dogs at about 8:00 pm yesterday. We live in a rural area with dirt roads, cows, no streetlights, etc. where there is rarely any traffic, so he was walking down the middle of the road.

He was a few yards away from our street when he heard the door to the trailer on the corner open. A man shouted from the door, "Identify yourself! I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it!"

My husband was very ??? for a moment. Like I said, he was walking down the street, not anywhere close to being on this guy's property. He shouted back, "Ummm...I'm just walking my dogs." Nutty Neighbor responded by firing his gun.

The end result of all this was six Sheriff's Department cars and a helicopter. After the officers talked to my husband they headed to Nutty Neighbor's place, from which we heard a whole lot of yelling and cussing but no further gunfire.

Husband is going to try today to find out whether the guy was arrested or what. I'm so thrilled that he lives right down the street from us.  :-\

Update: My husband obtained a copy of the report and discovered that no one was arrested and the officers weren't even able  to go onto the people's property. Why? Because it was very dark when the incident happened and my husband didn't see the gun. Because of that, they didn't have probable cause to go onto the property without the owners' permission - and of course the owners did not give permission.  >:(

Sirius:
A week or so ago a house up the street had a garage fire.  Fortunately everyone got out safely, but there was quite a bit of damage to the house, and as of yesterday it was still boarded up.  I hadn't seen anything, but MR. Sirius told me about having to avoid a bunch of fire vehicles on his way home from work.  Later, the fire department passed flyers out to everyone in the neighborhood reiterating basic home fire safety. 

(Still no solution to the incident that happened next door, according to the local paper.  In fact, nothing's changed over there at all; there are still people living there and the dogs are outside and barking.  You'd never know that someone died over there under mysterious circumstances less than two months ago.)

bansidhe:

--- Quote from: bansidhe on March 03, 2014, 03:44:03 PM ---My husband was walking our dogs at about 8:00 pm yesterday. We live in a rural area with dirt roads, cows, no streetlights, etc. where there is rarely any traffic, so he was walking down the middle of the road.

He was a few yards away from our street when he heard the door to the trailer on the corner open. A man shouted from the door, "Identify yourself! I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it!"

My husband was very ??? for a moment. Like I said, he was walking down the street, not anywhere close to being on this guy's property. He shouted back, "Ummm...I'm just walking my dogs." Nutty Neighbor responded by firing his gun.

The end result of all this was six Sheriff's Department cars and a helicopter. After the officers talked to my husband they headed to Nutty Neighbor's place, from which we heard a whole lot of yelling and cussing but no further gunfire.

Husband is going to try today to find out whether the guy was arrested or what. I'm so thrilled that he lives right down the street from us.  :-\

Update: My husband obtained a copy of the report and discovered that no one was arrested and the officers weren't even able  to go onto the people's property. Why? Because it was very dark when the incident happened and my husband didn't see the gun. Because of that, they didn't have probable cause to go onto the property without the owners' permission - and of course the owners did not give permission.  >:(

--- End quote ---

Today the little punk above bit off more than he could chew. He's the one on the right in this article:
http://www.kvoa.com/news/two-suspects-arrested-one-dead-following-three-points-home-invasion/

otterwoman:

--- Quote from: bansidhe on March 31, 2014, 01:53:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: bansidhe on March 03, 2014, 03:44:03 PM ---My husband was walking our dogs at about 8:00 pm yesterday. We live in a rural area with dirt roads, cows, no streetlights, etc. where there is rarely any traffic, so he was walking down the middle of the road.

--- End quote ---

Today the little punk above bit off more than he could chew. He's the one on the right in this article:
http://www.kvoa.com/news/two-suspects-arrested-one-dead-following-three-points-home-invasion/

--- End quote ---

Ah, you live around Tucson, that explains it. I have family there. The first time DH visited with me there, he read the local paper. He was stunned by the idea of no gun permits (we're from NY). He called Arizona the "Don't $^%# with me state. The people are armed, the animals are armed and the plants are armed!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version