Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

I felt the need to post this.

(1/6) > >>

Frostblooded:
A little background: My roommate works for Beer Company, Monday - Saturday. Sometimes on Sundays he will take extra pay for a couple of hours out to stock some shelves with product. He isn't required to wear his uniform while doing this, and wasn't today.

He was in a store with a load of beer stock inside a shopping cart, stocking the shelves. A woman walks by and says to him, "I bet you make your parents so proud by drinking that much in college."

1) He is not in college.

2) We pay our own bills, and have for six years now.

3) He never drinks. Perhaps a Mike's Hard Lemonade once every month.

The gall of this woman, wow! What "interesting assumptions" have been made about you?

MsMarjorie:
I would have laughed, that woman was just carrying her own issues front & centre and projecting them onto your husband.  What did he do?

gramma dishes:
LOL!  He should have said, "Yeah, Lady.  That's why I'm putting the stuff ON the shelves not taking it off!  Big party tonight in Aisle 6!"

Frostblooded:
Honestly, he was a good boy and wants to keep his job. He applied the title line of this forum section and then ignored her. It wasn't the first time someone has said something like that to him in his profession, and it probably wont be the last. He did tell me he desperately wanted to correct her about the points I mentioned above, and tell her that her obviously pre-teen daughters buttcheeks are very visible on her really, really short-shorts and that he can see side-breast poking out of her top as well.

He gets this kind of thing way, way too often. I feel sorry for him. A busload of kids from a religious school were making comments when he was in uniform and driving the truck with logos on the side, talking about him as an agent of sin. Then at least once a week he is set back thirty minutes or so cleaning at least over a hundred pamphlets out of the beer stock at the store where someone stuffed them full of them - even inside the cardboard!

He also has trouble with several store patrons from churches that stand in front of the beer stock and preach/accost him and people who want to buy from the section. The people are scaring some potential buyers off, which is upsetting because that's our livelihood. The more he sells, the better his paycheck.

He gets harassed and talked about behind his back far more than he ever anticipated taking the job several years ago. (I even posted about it here all worried, but it's been GREAT!) These people don't even know him personally, he's such a honest and nice man. A case of killing the messenger, I suppose.

Raintree:

--- Quote from: Koneko on August 08, 2011, 03:09:31 PM ---He gets this kind of thing way, way too often. I feel sorry for him. A busload of kids from a religious school were making comments when he was in uniform and driving the truck with logos on the side, talking about him as an agent of sin. 

--- End quote ---

Hoo boy. Tempting: "Maybe when you're a little older you'll find a way to think for yourselves. In the meantime, mind your own business."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version