Author Topic: You've never had....??? (spinoff of EEEWW)  (Read 16118 times)

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
Re: You've never had....??? (spinoff of EEEWW)
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »
Marina,
Basically it is Avacado- I also put in in bits of tomatoe, and hot peppers, then I season as I like. It delicious :) Sounds much like your avadaco mush, in fact that is the way I use describe it- pre-elightenment :)
Marina-
(Yes I really did have to do that, I am tickled there is another Marina around!)

Oh, me too! I still get confused sometimes when people respond to you and I think, "But I didn't say that!" Then I realize they said Marina and not T'Mar and it wasn't even me they were talking to!

(Venus)
Good guacamole has hot peppers and cilantro in it.  Mayonnaise is nahstay.

I've seen so many Americans on e-hell who seem to hate mayonnaise. Do you think it's possible that American mayo is just horrible? Because I LOVE mayonnaise, especially the tangy type, and can eat it with a spoon just like that. I've taste a couple of American brands (Hellman's?) and they do taste kind of watery and bland.

Don't know about Brits or people from other countries. What's the mayonnaise like where you live?

I think we are talking about different may......my stomach just turned at the thought of eating a whole spoonful.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2007, 04:42:20 PM »
I've been told it varies by country.  It's all about the quality of the eggs.  I'll pass, anyway.

HushHush

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »
I never liked onion rings until I was in Navy boot camp.  It was one of the few "home foods" they made and I'd get cravings for something fried.  Now, I love them.

I don't really care that much for fry sauce.  I'd probably make some residents of Utah pass out at the thought but I just don't really like it. (its a blend of ketchup and mayo if you don't know)

I was 22 when I first tried shrimp.  Didn't care for it, or most seafood.  Something about the texture is wrong to me.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »
I never liked onion rings until I was in Navy boot camp.  It was one of the few "home foods" they made and I'd get cravings for something fried.  Now, I love them.

I don't really care that much for fry sauce.  I'd probably make some residents of Utah pass out at the thought but I just don't really like it. (its a blend of ketchup and mayo if you don't know)

I was 22 when I first tried shrimp.  Didn't care for it, or most seafood.  Something about the texture is wrong to me.

YOu Don't like shrimp pr most seafood . I don't know what you would do if you came to florida it is pratically a requirement to llike seafood inorder to live here

Shay

Issa

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »
I have never tried brussel sprouts .. I have to admit I am a bit curious, but I don't really know how to cook them!

Also, in my guacamole I add chopped tomatoes, tons of garlic, and lemon juice :)

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2007, 06:06:43 PM »
I've never had lamb, veal, venison, rabbit, pheasant, duck, or any other meat or fowl that isn't beef, pork, chicken or turkey.  I've had many different types of fish and seafood, however.   

At my age, it is safe to say that if I were inclined to try something, I would have by now.  I have absolutely no intention of ever eating any of the things mentioned above.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
I have never tried brussel sprouts .. I have to admit I am a bit curious, but I don't really know how to cook them!

Also, in my guacamole I add chopped tomatoes, tons of garlic, and lemon juice :)

My recipe for Brussells Sprouts is in the recipe folder.  I actually got 120 people to eat them!

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2007, 08:55:57 PM »
Marina,
Basically it is Avacado- I also put in in bits of tomatoe, and hot peppers, then I season as I like. It delicious :) Sounds much like your avadaco mush, in fact that is the way I use describe it- pre-elightenment :)
Marina-
(Yes I really did have to do that, I am tickled there is another Marina around!)

Oh, me too! I still get confused sometimes when people respond to you and I think, "But I didn't say that!" Then I realize they said Marina and not T'Mar and it wasn't even me they were talking to!

(Venus)

I've seen so many Americans on e-hell who seem to hate mayonnaise. Do you think it's possible that American mayo is just horrible? Because I LOVE mayonnaise, especially the tangy type, and can eat it with a spoon just like that. I've taste a couple of American brands (Hellman's?) and they do taste kind of watery and bland.

Don't know about Brits or people from other countries. What's the mayonnaise like where you live?

I think this may be the difference between mayo and "miracle whip" which many people call mayo.  :)

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »
And I thought I was strange for not having tried sushi until I was out of high school... but I grew up in the shadow of NYC, so the variety was there :)

Though I still don't like tripe or brains.  UGH

alli_wan

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2007, 09:48:53 PM »
Marina,
Marina-

(Venus)

I think this may be the difference between mayo and "miracle whip" which many people call mayo.  :)

Agreed.  I have heard that it depends on what you were raised on.  If you were raised on 'real mayonnaise,' then Miracle Whip is vile, and vice-versa.

I'm firmly in the mayonaisse is the way and Miracle Whip is disgusting camp.

Lady Vavasour

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2007, 10:02:25 PM »
I've never had a McDonald's hamburger.

angel17

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2007, 10:15:29 PM »

Look behind you....the big advertising machine is sending someone to find you and force feed you a big mac and fries... 8) ;)

I'm amazed at some of your responses but I grew up in NYC and had access to lots of different foods. I just remembered that I was 8 the first time we had lasagna (at a church retreat) - my brother and I loved it. My mom attempted to make it and did a wonderful job - it was just too expensive to make on our budget at the time.

Issa

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2007, 10:18:38 PM »

My recipe for Brussells Sprouts is in the recipe folder.  I actually got 120 people to eat them!

Thanks! I'll be sure to try it out. It sounds like an interesting combo - I think my "problem" with brussel sprouts is that I've heard so many cliche "Ohh I had to eat brussel sprouts when I was young and they were awful" stories  - I didn't want to end up with a mess of mushy veggies!

I like broccoli too for example - raw - but I avoided cooking it for the longest time because it was always over done when I tried it cooked !

Issa

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2007, 10:20:43 PM »

IMO You're not missing much!

Moogle

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2007, 11:13:36 PM »
Now I'm getting hungry with all this talk of food.  I don't care how exotic it is, it's still FOOD!   ;D

* soothes grumbling stomach *